Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 Days of Christmas With You In Heaven

The holidays can be extremely difficult for a lot of people, especially for women who long to fill their home with children to share their holiday traditions with.  Thanks to Pinterest, it seems like every year there are more and more ideas on what to do with your children around the holidays.  But, where are all the ideas for what to do without your baby?  I HAVE FOUND a blog that is the Pinterest equivalent!!

If you are struggling with what to do this Holiday season because you've miscarried or lost a baby?  Please head over to Small Bird Studios and see her blog about the 12 Days of Christmas With You In Heaven series.  She did it last year too, and I LOVED all the ideas & giveaways!

I will also leave you with some words of encouragement.  I know I have mentioned before how much I love the devotional, Streams in the Desert.  Well, yesterday's passage hit it right on the head for us baby loss mommas.  So I thought I would share an excerpt of the devotional here... ENJOY!


Ice on trees will bend many a branch to the point of breaking.  Similarly, I see a great many people bowed down and crushed by their afflictions.  Yet every now and then I meet someone who sings in affliction, and then I thank God for my own circumstances as well as his.  There is ever a song more beautiful than that which is snug in the the night.  You may remember the story of a woman who, when her only child died, looked to heaven as with the face of an angel and said, "I give you joy, my sweet child."  That solitary, simple sentence has stayed with me for many years often energizing and comforting me.  Henry Ward Beecher 

E'en for the dead I will not bind 
my soul to grief:
Death connot long divide.
For is it not as though the rose
 that climbed my garden wall
Has blossomed on the other side?
Death does hide, but not divide; You are but on Christ's other side!
You are Christ, and Christ with me;
In Christ united still are we. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this and definitely thought yesterday's devotional was perfect. Streams is awesome.

    ReplyDelete